Vending Sales and Solicitations
University Policy Number 1110
Categorized: General Policies
Responsible Office: Auxiliary Enterprises
- Student Centers Advertising Procedures
Related Law & Policy:
The policy applies to the sale and distribution of products, goods, food, beverages, services, and newspapers and other literature by GMU and non-GMU organizations and individuals on University property. It applies to all University Departments, employees, students, contractors, and the general public at all George Mason University property, owned and leased.
II. POLICY STATEMENT
This policy and related procedures governs the use of University property for the purposes of vending sales, solicitations, and advertising.
Definitions applicable to Student Centers are contained in the Student Centers Advertising Procedures.
The following individuals have delegated responsibility for the authorizing of vending sales and solicitation activities as directed by this policy within their areas of responsibility:
Director, Student Centers 1. Johnson Center, Student Union Building I & The Hub
2. Johnson Center Plazas, SUB I/ Fenwick Quad, and The Hub Patio
Director, Campus Operations, Arlington 1. All buildings and grounds, Arlington Campus Director, Campus Operations, Science and Technology Campus
1. All buildings and grounds, Science and Technology Campus
1. University and non-university organizations and individuals are expected to comply with the policies that apply to their particular activity. Failure to comply may result in permission for the activity being revoked and/or a denial of permission for future activities.
2. Requests for waivers or exemptions to this policy must be made to the Director of Student Centers or his/her designated representative.
VII. EFFECTIVE DATE AND APPROVAL
The policies herein are effective as of September 30, 2011. This Policy shall be reviewed and revised yearly or as necessary.
Maurice W. Scherrens
Senior Vice President
Peter N. Stearns
Date approved: May 24, 2004
Revised: September 30, 2011
Revised: September 5, 2014
Revised: April 6, 2015
Revised: September 23, 2016
Reviewed: May 19, 2021